Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Home from Canandaigua

(CANANDAIGUA, NY) Last night, I was looking at the two other bike rides I wanted to do today, one around Conesus Lake, and the other around Keuka Lake. It turned out that each ride required a 45-minute one-way drive to the starting point. After yesterday's wanderings, and knowing I also had a 4-hour+ drive home later in the afternoon, I dropped those plans, and started thinking about a ride closer to home base.

When I woke up this morning much later than usual, I was having trouble getting excited about any biking at all. Just wasn't in the mood. So I went out for a big breakfast, and then spent several hours sitting in the lakefront park with a good book.



It was a pleasant spot, and the weather was cool, breezy, and delightful. It was a lazier day than planned, but well-spent nonetheless.

I'm home now, after a trip that was changed by weather and by roads differing from my expectations. It was a nice getaway and change of scene, but it's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment