Monday, July 25, 2011

Golf - Parkview Fairways, Victor, NY

(CANANDAIGUA, NY) The morning's forecast called for a 70% chance of showers and thunderstorms, mostly after 10am. That about kills the day. After breakfast, I took a drive down to Naples, NY, searching for a disc golf course there, which I failed to find. But I did get to see the roads for the Canandaigua Lake loop that I was thinking about biking. Very glad I saw it before just setting out to do it. Lots of long steep climbs on busy roads - it wouldn't have been a lot of fun, and might have been quite a struggle in my current condition.

Back in the motel, I found some better directions for the disc golf course, but also discovered it's only 9 holes, and didn't exactly get glowing reviews. Not going to try again, for a 40-mile drive R/T. Read for a while, waited for t'storms to pass, went out for lunch.

Here it comes...


It looked like the worst of the rain threat had passed, so I decided to sneak in 9 holes before the next round arrived. Parkview Fairways is about 10 miles from here, and looked like the sort of wide-open course I need. I went out and played 9 holes, as the heat and humidity returned. It wasn't a great round, but not much worse than usual. Soaking wet when I finished, it was back to the motel, shower, and a beer before dinner.

After a pub dinner, went for another walk along the waterfront and City Pier, this time with camera in hand.

Thunderstorms exiting south



Old boathouses along City Pier


Brother Walt will be coming tomorrow, but the forecast has deteriorated somewhat, with a 50% chance of wetness. Will wait til morning to see what the new day will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment