Friday, July 1, 2011

Biking - Lunch at Lakeside Farms

It was another relatively cool day, another perfect day to get out for a ride. One of my favorite things to do is to come up with about a 30-mile loop that involves lunch at a local farm stand, general store, or other unique local business. Lakeside Farms is such a place, and has a great lunch menu. So I set out from Schenectady Community College for a 30-mile ride on country roads that took me to that lunch stop.



Most of the climbing, and 20 of the miles, were before lunch, and I was feeling a little slow today, after a couple of rides the past two days. There was a good crowd in the restaurant for lunch, but service was quick and I managed to find a table.

After lunch, it was mostly downhill back to Schenectady, where I picked up the bike path off of Aqueduct Road. This took me to Nott Street, and then I zigzagged through the Stockade and back to the car.

No riding the next couple of days, but they look hot anyway. Back in the saddle next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment