Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Golf - Whispering Pines GC

So far this year, I've only been playing at Hillcrest GC, a wide-open layout where I can't get into much trouble with wayward shots. But my short game needed some work, so today, I went to Whispering Pines GC, an 18-hole par 55 course close to home in Rotterdam. There isn't as much room for error here, but since most of the holes are par 3s, it's a good place for practice with the irons.

My first 6 holes were pretty ragged, with many mishit shots. But I finished the front 9 with 3 pars, and then birdied #10 with a long putt. I continued burning up the back nine, finishing with my second-best score here ever, a 67. That back nine was a lot of fun, with many tee shots hitting the greens, which were fast and rolling. I don't usually putt well here because of that, but somehow today I found the touch, and it all came together.

No comments:

Post a Comment