Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Disc golf, yard work, and an afternoon nap

This morning, I was hoping to watch a stage of the Volta a Catalunya that involved a long climb to a mountaintop finish, to be live online between 11 and noon. So I headed out for a couple of rounds of disc golf earlier in the day to get back in time to watch the finish.

The first round was average (67) and mediocre, but the the second round (62) felt much better. But though I broke my own record for daily 2-round total birdies (7), mainly they went toward covering up the other awful shots and at least keeping the scores respectable.

When I got home and tuned in to the bike race, I discovered that the stage had been shortened because of heavy snow approaching the top of the long climb. The day's racing was almost over with none of the drama that the 19km climb would have involved. Oh well. So I spent the next several hours on spring cleanup around the house and yard. Gotta do it sometime.

Falling asleep later while reading was very easy to do, with a pleasant breeze coming in the open windows on yet another amazing March afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment