Monday, March 12, 2012

Disc golf and biking - A taste of spring

This afternoon, I planned to get out for the first bike ride on the road this season. I'd finished the annual winter overhaul, and the bike was ready to go. But the morning was pretty cool, so I went to Central Park for a couple of rounds of disc golf before lunch. It was a great outing, and many previous records were shattered:

  • Best 18 - 58 (par 57, previous best 61)
  • Best 36 in a day - 58-60 (previous best 61-64)
  • Best front nine - 27 (par 28, previous best 29)
  • Best back nine - 29 (par 29, previous best 31)
  • Most birdies in a round - 4
  • Most birdies in a day - 6

My "putting" has really improved, and it also helps to now be able to throw 200+ feet from the tee. That sets up a lot of pars and the occasional birdie opportunity.

After lunch, I went back to the original plan and got in an easy 30-mile bike ride. I did my "lazy loop", with less than 600 feet of climbing, for this first outing. It's a good route for first thing in the season, and when I want to get out for a relaxed easy ride.

Best of all, I feel like I've earned the BBQ chicken that's planned for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment