Monday, July 6, 2009

Golf - Whispering Pines GC

No golf last week with the rotten weather, so today I headed back to Whispering Pines, scene of a really good previous round two weeks back. But today it was not to be. All told, I was hitting it pretty well. Even the long irons were going straight and true, but I did fluff several other shots off the tee. The real problem was putting. These greens are fast and rolling, a tough combination. My long putts generally left me with the next one makeable, but the short ones killed me, with at least 5 of them lipping out. Score was 38/33/71, five worse than last time out. Par is 55.

Highlights

  • 9 greens in regulation
  • 6 pars
  • Short game and long putts fairly accurate
  • All shots went relatively straight, even if short
Lowlights
  • 5 lip-outs on short putts
  • 5 3-putts and 41 total putts
  • Two double bogeys and one triple bogey
  • Several tee shots hit fat/fluffy

No comments:

Post a Comment