Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Biking - Another Wet Day Ahead

With the amount of rain we've been getting, both actual and threatened, it's become apparent that the best time to get out for a ride is in the mornings before the storms develop. And now that I'm no longer held captive every morning by the live Tour de France coverage, it was time to put that thought into action. It's a miserably humid day, but the other advantage of mornings is cooler temperatures. So I started out on my usual 20-mile circuit, fully expecting to add on as I went along if the weather held off. When all was said and done, I had covered slightly over 30 miles, but with under 500 feet of climbing. This was an excellent route, right from my driveway, and I will definitely use it again.

As long as I was moving, the breeze was quite comfortable, but not so when I stopped, with temps by then well over 80, with extreme humidity. Should be an interesting afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment