Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Disc golf - Schenectady Central Park

The weather this week promises to be unsettled every day, so this morning, I looked at the weather radar, and decided to sneak in a couple of early rounds of disc golf, which only requires less than 2 hours.  The first few holes had me thinking I should have stayed home, but then I settled down and birdied 7-8-9, and finished with an OK score for that nine.  The back nine was fairly routine, though the "putter" continued to be hot, and I finished with a respectable 63, or 6 over par.  The second time around, I was at even par after the first nine, and was hoping for a special round.  But a couple of stupid mistakes cost me penalty shots on the back nine, and I could still do no better than a 62 overall.  Both rounds were several shots better than average, and I see a definite improvement trend here.

There was only one short misty period for the whole morning, and then the day actually turned out better than forecast.  Hoping for more of the same weather tomorrow for a long bike ride, but hopefully sans the mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment