Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Disc golf on a windy morning

With rain in the forecast for later (still nothing as of 3pm), I got out this morning for some disc golf in Schenectady's Central Park.  With a pretty good breeze blowing, I wasn't expecting very good scores, and the first round started out confirming that suspicion.  But then I settled down after the first few holes, and the "putts" started falling.  There were many errant "drives" today off the tee, but to use a golf term, I scrambled very well, saving par or bogey in most cases.  The first round was about average, a 65, but I followed it up with a 60, one of my better rounds of the year, only 3 over par.  It was a surprisingly good outing given the winds, and I headed home to catch up on some stuff around the house for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment