Friday, February 24, 2012

Disc golf - Schenectady Central Park

Last night's snow never came, at least not here, but the day still dawned cool, damp and dreary, with snow expected again by later in the day. Between these non-storms, I wanted to get some exercise somehow, and preferably outside. Biking would be a little raw with the added windchill, so I decided to get in some disc golf instead.

Even though it's a school vacation week, the park wasn't crowded at all, and I had the course to myself, the way I like it. I played 2 rounds as usual, this time throwing a 63 and a 66, both better than average and pretty satisfying. The 66 should have been even lower, but the trees began to assert themselves on that second back nine, blocking several shots that would otherwise have been on target.

Tonight's snow should be little more than annoying, followed by a couple of colder windy days before back into sunny and mild next week. Crazy winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment