Monday, June 8, 2009

Golf - Whispering Pines GC

Today looked like the best day for what has become my weekly round of golf. I started driving toward Hillcrest, but passed by Whispering Pines on the way, and the parking lot was virtually empty. I figured some irons practice couldn't hurt, so stopped there instead to play 18 par 3s. Overall, I was hitting it pretty well, with the usual few exceptions. Putting, on the other hand, was miserable. The greens here are slick and very rolling, and today, I didn't play them well at all.

Highlights

  • 1 birdie
  • 5 pars
  • 8 greens in regulation
Lowlights
  • 3 3-putts
  • 4-putted #9, after pushing the first putt off a veritable cliff just past the hole
  • Out-of-bounds on #2, and a few other "challenging" off-fairway lies after the tee shots went astray

No comments:

Post a Comment