Monday, May 28, 2012

Biking - Another great morning to get in some miles

Today was expected to be hazy, hot, humid, and heavy on the thunder later in the day, so I got out early while it was still pleasant for a 40-mile local loop without a whole lot of climbing.  This was basically a leg-testing and butt-conditioning ride - I need to get in more of these before some longer organized rides later in the summer.


The elevation profile above looks worse than it is, since the hills and the numbers are actually pretty small.  But the distance forced me to manage the drinking and eating of a longer ride, and a stop at the Stewart's in Voorheesville was a big help with that.  I picked up some Gatorade and an energy bar in case I needed them later, and I was glad I had them to supplement the water I'd brought along.

I finished the ride feeling pretty good, especially after 32 miles yesterday and hiking the two days before that.  The rain never materialized, another blown forecast, but it did get much hotter and somewhat more humid later on as expected.  Tomorrow looks similar, but with rain more likely, so I'll just have to wait and see if I can get something in.

No comments:

Post a Comment