Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Golf - Return to Hillcrest GC

After a busy day in the yard yesterday, and an inspiring US Open over the weekend, I decided to give real golf another try. A couple of years ago, I'd found something of a groove, and then last year I hardly got out at all, being away all summer. The first time out this year was less than encouraging, so I hadn't been back yet, until today. Aside from an unmentionable number on the first hole, probably attributable to rust, I played much better than last time, with a couple of pars, and even a birdie on a mishit shot to within 10" of the hole. In fact, a "normal" first hole could have tied my best score here ever. Time to start getting out more!

After lunch and some more hedge trimming, I felt like throwing in a short bike ride while the weather stayed nice. So, I did the usual Rotterdam river loop, on the bike path and NY-5S from SCCC to Lock 9, and returned via NY-5 through Scotia. It was too warm to push it, and I was feeling the lack of recent riding, so just took it easy. Time now for some reading and a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment