Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Golf - An early start at Hillcrest, and a late round at Central Park

With possible rain forecast this afternoon, I got out early this morning for 9 holes at Hillcrest, on one of their Monday/Tuesday "roll-back days", with cheaper rates. I scored the same as last time, but the excess strokes were distributed throughout the 9 holes, instead of a mammoth score on just one. Overall, I was hitting it solidly and relatively straight. My short game needs some work, and that's what cost me the most, so I may try Whispering Pines, an 18-hole par 3 course, next time out, and get in some practice in that area.

Came home and mowed the lawn, had lunch, and ran some errands, then settled in for some reading until a batch of rain showers passed by. Then I headed over to Central Park for an afternoon round of disc golf. I wasn't sure what to expect this time of day, especially with schools now out for the summer. I got in one fairly mediocre round, and then noticed a couple of middle school boys about to start on #1 as I was finishing on #18. They had big bags of multiple discs, and looked very professional, so rather than humiliate myself by playing another round, I called it a day and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment