Monday, April 25, 2011

Disc Golf - A Rain-delayed Round

Today dawned cool and rainy, with no promise of things getting any better. But keeping an eye on the weather radar encouraged me to try to sneak in a round of disc golf in Central Park, since the day would not likely be good for anything else outdoors. It looked like there was a break in the rain for an hour or two, so I set off for the park and started throwing.

After 11 holes, I was having a very good round, and that's when the rains came. Any serious real golfer carries an umbrella, but I hadn't thought of that today. Since I was near the car, I bailed out temporarily, hoping this would be a short interruption. It wasn't. So I headed off to do a few other errands, stopped home to check the radar again, and picked up an umbrella. There was no way I was going to throw away the round I had going, and it looked like another break in the rain was imminent, so it was back to the park. I finished the round in a light drizzle in about 20 minutes, just in time for the resumption of the real rain.

Not a great day to be outside, but better than not being outside, and on top of that, it was my best round yet.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that's dedication! We got drizzled on yesterday in Lake George and I was kicking myself for believing the forecast and leaving the Goretex at home. Fortunately, the sprinkles passed over pretty quick and we didn't get too wet.

    ReplyDelete