Monday, April 18, 2011

Biking - Same old river loop

It looked like this afternoon would be fairly nice, sunny and 50s. So after Stop 3 on my current "Bike the USA" speaking tour this morning, I grabbed a quick lunch and got ready to ride.

Somehow, over the weekend, I had inexplicably messed up a knee doing some very light yard work, and limped around ever since. So this would have to be an easy ride until I saw how things went. That usually means a flat loop ride along the Mohawk, so that's what I did. The newly de-littered (thanks to all!) Rotterdam section of the Mohawk River Bikeway had lots of walkers on this afternoon of school vacation week, it was windier than I had anticipated, clouds were moving in, and it was a bit cool and dreary, so I didn't do any of the usual add-ons. I just crossed the river at Lock 9 and headed back to Schenectady.

The good news is that the formerly bum knee seems magically cured! Now if the weather would just improve - where is spring anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment