Sunday, January 30, 2011

Trail Maintenance, XC Skiing - Featherstonhaugh State Forest

Today, a group from Holly's church was going to do some ski trail maintenance at Featherstonhaugh SF, and since I ski there a lot, I tagged along to help out. It was good to have a group this size, and especially an enthusiastic one. We made a real difference on one of the nice gentle downhills that had been clogged by overhanging branches, and also cleared out a rerouted section around a large fallen tree. A second group went a different way, cutting back brush and adding more trail markers to an especially confusing section, where I commonly get "misplaced" on the moonlight snowshoe outings I lead here.



When we were finished, I skied the rest of the loop back to the car, after an afternoon well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment