Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Biking - Lunch and a Couple of Honey-Dos

It's another in a stretch of beautiful days, the kind we've been waiting all summer for, and I wanted to get in a longish ride. Holly had a couple of things she needed help with, so I decided to park at SCCC, take a circuitous 13-mile route to her house, and when I was finished there, continue on to Lakeside Farms for lunch before heading home. That would have been about 33 miles.

I made it to Holly's house in under an hour, finished up there, and continued on my way. But it was such a nice day that I decided to stretch this out a little further, continuing on to The Jonesville Store for lunch instead. That should come in at 40-something miles. Making that part of the route up as I went along, I headed along Ballston Lake, past Lakeside Farms, down Schauber Road to Hubbs Road, and across to Jonesville. There seemed to be lots of stinging insects (bees, wasps, etc) in the air today, and after fishing one out of my helmet, I got stung on the neck by another one about 5 minutes later. Fortunately, I don't have a huge reaction to these things, but it hurt like hell.

Lunch at the Store was a very good sandwich, then I headed down to NY146A and Vischer Ferry, Ray, Sugar Hill, and Riverview Roads to the Rexford Bridge. Over the bridge, I picked up the bike path and wound my way back through Schenectady to SCCC and the car, after 41.5 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment