Monday, August 10, 2009

Golf - Hillcrest GC

For one reason or another, I didn't get in a round of golf last week, and after watching Mr. Woods on TV yesterday, I got the itch to get out again. There was some light rain early this morning that appeared to be hanging around, so I waited until after lunch, when it was in the mid/upper 80s, partly sunny, and extremely humid. Things didn't start out so well, with a double bogey on #1, but then I settled down and had a pretty good round. The greens were very slow, and I must have left half a dozen putts dead on line but short. If they'd gone in, it would have been a record round.

Highlights:

  • 2 pars and 6 bogeys
  • Tee to green play was pretty good
  • 2 greens in regulation, and a few more on the fringe.
  • Hit driver dead straight on #9, just for fun. Surprised me!
  • Tied my best round at Hillcrest
Lowlights
  • Two 3-putts from on the green, and a few others putting from the fringe
  • Double bogey on #1

No comments:

Post a Comment