Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Golf - Hillcrest GC

Woke up today still suffering from yesterday's ride, having no legs at all. Add to that the fact that after 2 days in the 80s, it's now back in the 50s with a punishing wind. No interest in riding, so I decided to try my first round of golf for the year. Hillcrest is a 9-hole par-37 layout, with wide open fairways and only the occasional out-of-bounds markers. There's just not a lot of trouble on this course, and that's what I needed for my first time out.

Things started off well enough, with 2 bogeys. Then, a couple of stupid marginally out-of-bounds shots cost me several strokes. Overall, I finished with 5 bogeys, 1 par, and 3 triple-bogeys, two of them related to the OB holes. The round felt like it went a lot better than the 52 I finished with. I hit a lot of good shots, and the short game and putting were the best they've been in a while, as evidenced by only 14 putts. I just need to put together 9 full holes of good shots, but I seem to have trouble doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment