Sunday, April 26, 2009

Biking - Altamont-Duanesburg Loop

Another fine spring day, with partly sunny skies and temps in the low 70s. With the chance of rain later, I got out for a morning ride, combining parts of two other loops I've done in other years.




The 11-mile ride from my house through French's Hollow and then out to Altamont was easy enough, despite some ragged shoulders and traffic on NY146. Then I headed north to US20 and the long climb to Duanesburg, at a little over 20 miles. I stopped at Stewart's for a chocolate milk, and continued on, flying down NY7 back toward Rotterdam. From near I-88, I cut through some other back roads to NY146 and home, for about 36 miles and 1300' of climbing.

It was a real pleasure to ride the Trek again after several days on the old Gitane 10-speed. (Apparently, the second flat the other day was unrelated to the first - there must have been a second shard of glass somewhere else in the tire - all is fixed and ready to ride.)

No comments:

Post a Comment