Friday, April 10, 2009

Biking - Mohawk River Loop

This always seems to be my bread-and-butter ride, when I don't have the time or inclination to do anything bigger or farther away. It was another sunny day in the 50s, and it begged to be enjoyed.



I started and finished at Schenectady County Community College, at the lower right, riding clockwise. I followed the Mohawk River Bike Path west to its intersection with NY5S, rode that until I reached the NY103 bridge over the Mohawk River at NYS Barge Canal Lock 9, and then picked up NY5 back to the start, passing through downtown Scotia. It's a relatively flat ride of 14.5 miles, with less than 400 feet of total climbing, but the wind is normally a factor in one direction or the other. Today, there was no wind, and I cranked along at a pretty good clip, much faster than the longer slower rides I've been doing lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment