Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Disc golf - The winds of December

After several days of dark drizzly gloom, today we saw the sun, so despite the demands of the season (or maybe because of them?), I got out for a couple of rounds of disc golf.  It wasn't going to be an easy day, since the winds were blowing, and I'd be using a backup "driver" disc, having lost my preferred one in the weeds at Blatnick Park last week.  I've always had trouble controlling this one, which is why I had replaced it earlier and not used it since.

The first nine wasn't bad, at +3.  Then the winds really picked up, and I struggled to a +5 on the back.  On the next 18, I started playing the wind and not taking stupid chances, but even so, that second round was a +12.  At least I kept it under 70, which is a number I haven't seen in a while.  Lots of friendly people in the park this morning, but no other disc golfers, and probably for good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment