Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Biking - A hilly windy 32 miles

The legs are ready. If I had any lingering doubts about that, today blasted them to bits. 32.6 miles, 1,255 feet of climbing, strong winds, and the old 10-speed. It was a great ride, and I've never felt stronger.

My friend Judy and I did a nice varied loop around Guilderland, Voorheesville, and Altamont, with lots of relatively short hills and plenty of recovery time between them, except for the constant winds. A stop at Indian Ladder Farms for a fresh (still warm!) apple turnover and a big glass of cider also helped the cause.



My other bike and panniers will be arriving in Seaside, Oregon, today, and I'm watching UPS closely for their delivery. I only have a few more things to do here before I leave to join them on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment