Thursday, December 3, 2009

Biking - That Other River Loop

We had heavy rain overnight, lingering into this morning, so an early club ride I'd planned on doing got canceled. The forecast for the afternoon looked basically dry, though very windy with leaden-gray skies, but a 60-degree day in December is not to be wasted. So I took advantage of it.

Instead of riding west from home along the river as I often do, I headed east, down the north side of the Mohawk, and returned via the bike path on the south side. I crossed the river at Rexford, rode east to Crescent, grabbed lunch at Stewart's, then crossed the Crescent Bridge, climbed the hill on US9, and headed back west. There was no rain, and the wind, while gusty, was of the swirling type, so it wasn't always either a headwind or a tailwind. By the time I'd climbed the last two hills to the car, I had definitely had enough, but tacked on another mile so as not to leave myself at 2,699 for the season. It is December, after all, and there may not be many rides left.

No comments:

Post a Comment