Monday, November 17, 2008

Walk - Mohawk River Bike Path

I thought I might get the bike out this afternoon, and that thought was encouraged by spending a little time on the trainer in the basement this morning. But then the weather got weird. The wind came up and brought with it an occasional snow squall, all lake-effect stuff coming down the Mohawk Valley from Lake Ontario. So instead of biking, I went for a 2.8-mile walk out west of Rotterdam on the bike path. I saw a great blue heron who kept flying farther down the path to avoid me, and we crossed paths several times in both directions. As I got to the 1.4-mile turnaround point, a more serious squall blew in, and continued for about 20 minutes. It was like winter out there, though the ground was still too warm for it to stick. By the time I got back to the car, the sun was out again and it was all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment