Saturday, April 12, 2008

Golf - Bucket O' Balls and a 5k Run

I haven't played an actual round of golf for at least 10-15 years, and have only been to the driving range a few times in the interim. With the Masters all over the news, I felt inspired, so went to the range at Whispering Pines GC to hit some balls. It had to be the worst bucket I ever remember hitting. The days of shooting in the 90s are long gone. Nothing was going well until I pulled out the 5-wood and smacked a few 200 yards down the middle. Not sure what's wrong with the irons, but I need a LOT of work before I set foot on any actual golf course.

With the first spring day over 70 degrees, and unexpectedly so, I wasn't done yet. Next I went to the bike path and dashed off a 5k. Just wasn't in the mood for biking today, and the run felt good. Back to cooler and dreary tomorrow, but it was nice while it lasted, and there's more to come later next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment