Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bike racing, disc golf, some yard work, and another wildflower walk

Ah retirement!  What would I do without you?

The day started off sunny with lots of promise, but too cool yet to do anything fun outside.  So I caught the end of Stage 3 of the Tour of Turkey bike race, which ended on the most evil-looking climb I think I've ever seen.  Then it was time to get out and do something.

Holly and I had talked about biking together later, and I was going to extend that ride by biking to her house and back.  But that wasn't until afternoon, so I got out for another round of disc golf before lunch.  I knocked off a couple shots from yesterday's debacle, but there's still lots of room for improvement.

By midday, the sun had disappeared and temps were still only in the 40s, so we bagged the bike ride idea, and I helped Holly with a few things around her yard.  Then we got out for a short walk in the Indian Kill Preserve, in Glenville.  It's actually starting to look a little more like spring, with lots of colt's foot, blue cohosh, and the buds of trout lily and trillium everywhere.

Colt's foot
And then there was this, which made the trip complete:

Red trillium
Finally!  One of our favorite spring wildflowers in bloom!  Can real spring be far behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment