Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Another walk, still no wildflowers

With an early afternoon appointment, a windy morning, and a forecast of steadier rain later, I got out for an hour's walk this morning, again in the Mohawk River State Park.  There's a very prolific patch of trout lilies here not far from the car, and I was curious to see their progress after a few days of rain and warmer temperatures.  Unfortunately, spring seems to be arriving at a glacial pace this year, and there were still only their early speckled leaves and no flowers.  In fact, I saw no flowers of any kind as I wandered around the trail system here.  I got briefly spritzed a couple of times by passing showers, but nothing serious, and blue skies returned shortly.  Looking forward to warmer temperatures and some progress over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment