Thursday, June 25, 2009

Biking - SWC Thursday Night Ride

Today was one of the first hot sticky days of the season, aside from a few a couple of months ago, and as luck would have it, there was a ride on for tonight. We started at a member's house on NY50, in Glenville, and rode a clockwise loop to Charlton and back.




The climb up Snake Hill and Closson Roads was a bit miserable, but after that, it turned into a downhill hammerfest. I don't know why that always happens on these SWC rides, but it does seem to follow that pattern. I averaged over 15mph for the ride, including the climb, and there were times when I was going all out on the big ring. As someone told me on the Tuesday night ride, my Trek 520 isn't a "performance bike" (DUH! It's my touring truck!), but I do wonder what I could do on something that's 15 pounds lighter. Not to worry - ain't gonna happen. It's just not my normal style.

No comments:

Post a Comment