Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Biking - MHCC Tuesday Night Casual Ride

The Mohawk-Hudson Cycling Club (MHCC) publishes a pretty extensive ride calendar. Unfortunately, for the past several years, most of the rides required a longish drive to get to the start point from my house. Tonight, and throughout June, their Tuesday night rides leave from within biking distance of my house, so I decided to give one a try.

The ride was billed as a "10-12 mph, 19-mile" ride. At the start, the leader explained that, because of the ride pace categorizations used in the calendar, he'd had to list it that way, but really intended to be closer to the "12" end, and maybe even 13 mph. About 15-20 riders showed up, and we did a tour of Rotterdam, Guilderland, Colonie, Niskayuna, and Schenectady, much of it on fairly rough and trafficky roads. I can't say I cared much for the route, but aside from that, it was a good group and a good ride at a comfortable pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment