Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Walk - Wolf Creek Falls Preserve

After biking yesterday, and biking again tomorrow, I didn't really feel like riding today as well. So I headed back to Wolf Creek Falls Preserve, in Knox. It's one of several local preserves of the Mohawk-Hudson Land Conservancy. I had been there once before when it first opened, but had trouble finding the more interesting trails on the side of the road opposite the parking area. Today, the trails were well marked, and actually corresponded pretty well with the map at the first link above.



I walked for about 45 minutes, basically around the outside of the northern half of the property. I really expected to see a lot of wildflowers in bloom, but there were almost none.

This would be an interesting place to cross-country ski in the winter, with lots of rolling twisting trails, and enough of them to keep a skier busy for an hour or so at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment