Friday, May 8, 2009

Golf - Hillcrest GC

Since my earlier round this week was free, I had no qualms about the price of going out again. The morning was supposed to be sunny with possible storms later, so golf seemed like a good choice.

The first two holes had me thinking I should have stayed home. Nothing was going straight. #1 ended with only a double bogey, but #2 was a disastrous 7 on a par 3, including an out-of-bounds. After that, I settled down quite a bit, and finished with a par and 6 bogeys, and a 49. That's only one worse than my best at this course, so overall, it was a good round. I know I have a full nine holes of good golf in me somewhere - I just need to find a way to let it out.

On the wide-open 9th hole, I hit a 3-wood dead straight. I'd been teeing off with the 3-wood all day, so just for kicks, I tried a second ball with the driver, and it also went dead straight. Hmmmm - have I learned some kind of secret? I decided to stop at the driving range on the way home and find out. Unfortunately, what I found out was that the driver shot on #9 was a fluke. I probably have about a 1 in 50 chance of actually putting the driver in the fairway. No real surprise there.

No comments:

Post a Comment