Monday, May 4, 2009

Golf - Whispering Pines GC

This afternoon looked questionable for rain, so I decided to use my free 18-hole round card at Whispering Pines, an 18-hole par 55 layout in Rotterdam. It was a calm damp morning around 60F, and the course was nearly deserted.

Highlights:

  • Hit 8 of 18 greens from the tee
  • 6 pars and 8 bogeys
  • Irons were overall very good
  • No lost balls or out of bounds
  • Chipping and putting mostly OK
Lowlights:
  • Hit provisional balls several times, in case wayward balls were lost
  • 4 double bogeys
  • 4-putted the final green, and 2 other 3-putts
In general, I need to be pretty pleased with this round. It felt good, and aside from the obvious problems above, I felt comfortable over the ball and found a rhythm that's been absent for a while. Final score was 71, not my best here, but it would have been close, if only.....

No comments:

Post a Comment