Thursday, July 10, 2008

Golf - Hillcrest Golf Club

Well, the first 6 holes were wonderful. At that point I was only 5 over par, with 3 pars, 2 bogeys, and a triple. Then I lost a ball, flubbed a pitch, and took an 8 on a very short par 4. On the next hole, my drive was dead center, 80 yards from the green, and I again flubbed the pitch. The next shot was on, and I 3-putted from 20 feet. Argggghh! Overall, I had a 48, which was +11 for the nine holes, and 2 strokes better than last week. I definitely need some short game practice to improve my consistency.

Highlights:

  • Parred the 1st hole, a real confidence booster
  • Dropped a 20-foot putt for par on the 4th hole
  • Mostly hit everything pretty well, both woods and irons
  • Finished with another par on a 5-foot putt
  • 4 pars and 2 greens reached in regulation
Lowlights:
  • Triple bogey on #2, including a bad pitch and a 3-putt
  • Lost ball and bad pitch on #7, leading to an 8
  • Bad pitch and 3-putt on #8 - should have been an easy par

No comments:

Post a Comment