Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Golf - Hillcrest Golf Club

Beautiful sunny day in the low 80s, so I was trying to figure out a good bike ride. Finally decided biking didn't appeal to me, and golf did, so that's what I did. Nice to have choices, time, and flexibility!

Hillcrest is a 9-hole par-37 layout, with wide open fairways and only the occasional out-of-bounds markers. There's just not a lot of trouble on this course, and that's what I needed for my first go at a full-length course.

The highlights were few:

  • Mostly hit everything relatively straight
  • No lost balls
  • Two pars to finish the 9 holes
On the other hand:
  • Hit a driver OB on a long par 5, followed by several less than excellent shots to get back on track. Got a 10 on that hole - blecccch
  • Woods started going astray to the right, just like they always have
  • Short game had no touch. Chips were usually not very close
  • Consistency was definitely missing
Finished with a 50, so this was no worse than I used to play in that previous life. I guess I just need to be a little more patient, and know that this will take time to hone these skills. Hillcrest is a good place to do that, and at only $14 for 9 uncrowded holes, it's cheap, close, and not time-consuming to get in a 9-hole round. I'll definitely be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment