Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Disc golf - A year-round activity?

This morning dawned gloomy and a little raw, the kind of day when it feels like it's about to snow.  That was, in fact, the forecast for a little later, though nothing would really come of it.  I continued playing disc golf all through last winter with our lack of snow, though I did draw the line at wearing microspikes to negotiate the sometimes icy fairways. 

I headed over to Central Park this morning to get in a couple of rounds, before the weather turned any worse.  The first round went sour gradually, with a couple of bad holes, leading to a mediocre 66 (+9), not one of my better efforts.  Then, I started out the second round with birdies on #1 and #2, and threw in one more along the way to finish with a 59 (+2), only one off my best ever.  Maybe it just takes longer to warm up on days like this.  Yeah, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment