Monday, October 1, 2012

Walk - Schenectady County Forest

With several rainy days lately, it was time to take advantage of a break in the action and get outside.  I wanted something close to home, so settled for the Schenectady County Forest, on Lake Road in Duanesburg.  The longest loop possible there amounts to about 3 miles, and that was my plan.

Leaving the parking area and the road, the first thing I encountered was the pond, with some fall colors beginning to show.


I continued on the 1.5-mile blue loop until I came to a side trail to a Town of Duanesburg parcel that's adjacent to the forest.  That parcel has its own 1.5-mile loop, adding up to the overall total. 

It was a windy day, and there was quite a bit of small debris on the trails, much of which I cleared, though several big downed trees are still obstructing things. This was a nice easy walk, and I didn't see another soul, just a couple of great blue herons I spooked as I circled the pond.

1 comment:

  1. The season’s color really creates an exciting and beautiful views of the area. You caught them perfectly. Thanks for sharing this. Really brightened up my day.

    ReplyDelete