Monday, September 19, 2011

Disc Golf - Schenectady Central Park

Today was another beautiful day, but I got off to a bit of a slow start. With yard work hanging over me later before a few days of possible rain, I headed off to Central Park for what seems like about a weekly game of disc golf.

The course didn't appear to be very crowded at all, but then I played through a foursome around the 6th hole. I finished the front 9 with a personal best, only 2 over par, including 2 birdies. Then, on the 12th, I caught up to the rest of the day's parade. Some organization within GE was having a disc golf outing, and there were several groups now ahead of me, moving much more slowly than I was. The group I'd played through must have been playing even slower.

I was about to bail out and cut the day short, but the group I'd now caught invited me to play along with them, so I did. None of them had ever played before, so it was like I was the seasoned pro. I finished the round one off of my personal best for 18, and enjoyed playing with these guys.

Then, since the first tee was open and nobody was in sight, I decided to go around again for a second unencumbered round. But when I caught yet another unrelated foursome on the 3rd hole, I gave it up and went home. This is getting to be a very popular pastime!

No comments:

Post a Comment