Monday, October 18, 2010

Biking - Adjustments and a Test Ride

After arriving home from this summer's tour, I'd been having problems with both the rear brake and rear derailleur. Both seemed sticky and sluggish, most likely from the rain, mud, salt, and sand of the past several months. After spending several hours getting everything feeling right again, I got out for a ride this morning to check it all out. Any excuse for a ride! I also needed a little more exercise than yesterday's relatively glacial pace on the Erie Canal historic tour. Despite some swirling winds, I cranked out 16+ miles in slightly under an hour, and the bike now feels great. I was riding harder than I usually do, but with that short a ride, it was good to get something of a workout out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment