Thursday, April 8, 2010

Biking - More Wind and Some Hills

It's apparently another slow day at "the office", and today's bad weather is holding off until tonight, so I headed out this morning for another ride. I didn't want to be gone too long, but wanted to make it worth it, so I did a shorter ride with some climbing today. Anytime a road leaves a river valley, it will involve some degree of uphill, and we have no shortage of such climbs around here. I chose a fairly easy one today, whose maximum pitch was only 8%, and not for all that far. I managed that one with 3 cogs to spare, thought it was admittedly wind-assisted. Dropping back down NY160 to Pattersonville, the headwind kept my speed in check, and I only hit 36.5 mph. I really didn't want to repeat some earlier 45 mph descents of these hills anyway. Back in the valley, I had more headwind all the way back to the start, for a 21.7-mile ride with 970 feet of climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment