Monday, April 12, 2010

Biking - Enough with the wind already!

Woke up kinda sore and tired this morning after yesterday's ride, but as the morning went on, I started feeling better. With another sunny day, and nothing apparently required of me in the "office", I decided to get back in the saddle for a somewhat shorter ride. My original thought was a flat 20 miles, but that changed to a 20-miler with a climb of Grant Hill Road in Guilderland. After I started, the incessant wind came up yet again, this time at 15-20 mph from the northwest, and not as bad as yesterday. The climb up Grant Hill went well, and I was feeling strong. Dropping down to French's Hollow, the Normanskill had receded significantly from the last time I was here a few weeks ago. Today's ride puts me at just about 300 miles for the year, not a bad start, and well on my way to the 1,000 I'd like to have by July when I leave for the West Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment