Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Biking - An Easy 20

What a weird time of year - skiing one day and biking the next! With more skiing planned tomorrow, I got on the bike this afternoon to enjoy the 50-degree temperatures while they last. I rode the old 10-speed again, partly because of salty snowmelt puddles, but probably more just because I can't quite believe that spring is really here yet. It's also a good strength builder to ride this bike around without the gearing that the good bike would have. I knocked off just short of 20 miles at an average of 14.5 mph, almost like a mid-season ride. Aerobically, I'm in great shape from skiing, but the biking muscles (and butt) need some work to be able to stay in the saddle for the longer distances I'll be doing this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment