Friday, January 8, 2010

Walk - Indian Meadows Park

A light (nuisance) snow is falling today. Since I feel a cold coming on, and am also leading a fairly strenuous snowshoe hike tomorrow, and am still a little sore from Wednesday's ski outing, it's basically a rest day. But since neither Holly nor I can ever really sit still, we went for a short walk in Indian Meadows Park, in Glenville. The trails are well-packed, and would actually be skiable with only a few inches of new snow, which unfortunately I don't think we're going to get in the foreseeable future.

This afternoon, I'm transitioning my pack from summer to serious winter, which means adding several pounds of stuff, in preparation for tomorrow's outing. It will be a cold windy day up on the Taconic Ridge, and we're expecting to be breaking trail in 15-20" of unbroken snow, so we'll need to be well-prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment