Beautiful sunny day in the low 80s, so I was trying to figure out a good bike ride. Finally decided biking didn't appeal to me, and golf did, so that's what I did. Nice to have choices, time, and flexibility!
Hillcrest is a 9-hole par-37 layout, with wide open fairways and only the occasional out-of-bounds markers. There's just not a lot of trouble on this course, and that's what I needed for my first go at a full-length course.
The highlights were few:
- Mostly hit everything relatively straight
- No lost balls
- Two pars to finish the 9 holes
- Hit a driver OB on a long par 5, followed by several less than excellent shots to get back on track. Got a 10 on that hole - blecccch
- Woods started going astray to the right, just like they always have
- Short game had no touch. Chips were usually not very close
- Consistency was definitely missing