Thursday, March 7, 2013

Disc golf - A couple of not-so-rusty rounds

I haven't played any disc golf since December, a combination of weather, course conditions, and a sore throwing elbow.  But looking at Central Park today, with temps in the mid-30s and my elbow OK, the course looked mostly ice-free and playable, so I decided to give it a try.

I had lost my favorite "driver" disc last fall at Blatnick Park, so this would be the first throws for the replacement I got from Holly for Christmas.  All things considered, I wasn't expecting much from this outing, but was pleasantly surprised.  The new "driver" goes further than the old, and I had no trouble putting together two better-than-average rounds of 63-63, each only +6, and each with a couple of birdies.

Now it's snowing again, with an annoying piddling accumulation expected, so I guess I'll put the discs back on the shelf for a while.  Looks like a warmup and some sloppiness due here next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment