Monday, March 25, 2013

Biking - First road ride of the season

It's spring, dammit!  And despite the piles of snow along the sides of the roads, the pavement is dry, it's over 40F, and it's time to start riding.  Until it snows again.

I've been out a few times on the bike path this winter on an old mountain bike, but today I got my good bike back on the road.  This was as much a test of the bike as of my legs and winter-softened butt, having completed my annual down-to-the-ball-bearings overhaul and cleaning a few weeks ago.  Aside from some funky rear shifting, the bike was smooth, silent, and like new again.  I tweaked that problem when I got home.  But for my body, this was more of a struggle than it should have been.  What a wake-up call!  It was only a little over 16 miles with only one minor climb, and I've ridden on much windier days.  But I was definitely ready to be done when I got home.  I can see I have some serious work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment