Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Golf - Whispering Pines GC

Today dawned gloomy and cool, but not rainy, so I headed for Whispering Pines and its 18-hole par-3 layout. The first hole gave me a taste of what was to come. I dropped my tee shot nicely on the green, and then promptly 3-putted, the first of many. These fast rolling greens continue to confound me. A few good (great!) holes saved me from an otherwise high-scoring round, despite feeling like I was hitting everything very well.

Highlights

  • 2 birdies, one on a 35-foot putt, and another on a 28-footer
  • 7 of 18 greens in regulation
  • 3 pars and only one double bogey
Lowlights
  • Five 3-putts
  • Several tee shots hit fat and short
Overall, the score was in my top ten for the year, and it felt like I was playing well. I just need to figure out how to putt consistently at this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment