Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Biking - Lunch at Indian Ladder Farms

Today, a friend and I set off to a destination of lunch at Indian Ladder Farms, a local orchard and farm store. It's about a 30-mile loop from my house, and I do this ride several times every year. They have an interesting menu with some unusual sandwiches and soups, and it's an easy ride that can be made as hilly or as flat as I choose. Today, we cut out some of the busier roads in favor of a few more hilly quiet roads, which also served to warm us up on a cool morning in the 40s.

Biking this time of year is all about enjoying whatever fitness level is left after the season has begun to wind down. We just took it easy and enjoyed the fall colors, especially those on the face of the Helderberg Escarpment, which were some of the most brilliant we've seen anywhere this year. On the way home, a stop at my favorite local farm stand for the last sweet corn of the season completed the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment